Friday, May 15, 2009

What do families really want from church?

This is the question of the day!

For my part as a mom of two teenagers I want the Church to be a place where my teenagers can connect with people who will help them grow as people of God. I want the Church to be a safe place for them to discover friends of all ages. I want the Church to be a dangerous place where they are challenged to be more than their ministry-minded parents can imagine. I want the Church to be an engaging place where they not only are ministered to but where they are involved in ministry. I want the church to be a place where connections are made that will last a lifetime...connections with God and with people.

I don't want the Church to be a time waster. I don't want the Church to be the yet-another-activity planner. I don't want the Church to be a yet-another-place-where-my-kids-are-only-with-their-agemates place. I don't want the Church to reinvent the things my kids are already doing. I don't want the Church to put them in a box.

How about you...what do you want for families in your church?

No comments: